Back to the Team MAG Sport Home Page
Are you a Racer?
Racing isn't just about ability. It's an attitude of mind. The
determination to win, and a willingness to disregard personal and
financial safety. This quiz will see if you've got that will to win.
Section 1 - Attitude
You see a well-ridden SportBike ahead of you on a twisty road. Do you
- Ride sensibly, and within your limits (and watch him disappear)
- Try to catch up, but he's better than you
- Overtake him, narrowly missing the HGV coming the other way
- A waste of money
- A chance to develop machine control
- Races that are not sanctioned by the ACU
Section 2 - Childhood & Experience
When you played Monopoly as a kid, did you
What is the fastest you've seen on a bike speedo
- Cheat. Steal £5000 and two hotels, then whine "it's only a game" when your opponent is annoyed.
- Collect an excellent pair of utilities, refuse £5000 for Park Lane, and lose.
- Offer £3000 for Whitechapel and Old Kent Road, and win every time.
There's been an accident. You have to get help.
- 70 mph, naturally.
- 120 mph, on "Top Gear"
- 160 mph+
Your company runs an "outward bound" race. It's meant to be non-competitive. Do you:
- You faint at the site of some blood
- You flag down a BMW, and use his Yuppyphone.
- You get to the nearest house - 3 miles away - in no time, and the tyres
- Develop a nasty cold and stay at home
- Help your colleagues develop their character resources
- Do everything in your power to win it
Section 3 - Financial
You are skint. Your grandmother leaves you £1500. Do you:
Your goals in life are:
- Pay the milk bill, buy some binliners, and put the rest in a higher-rate deposit account
- Buy a neat old GPX750
- Borrow another two grand because then you can just afford a YZXR750RRR-SP
- To stay alive until you're 90.
- A successful job, marriage, and family.
- To try skiing, parachute jumping, scuba diving and driving an F1 car at least once.
Score 3 points for each (3) answer, 1 point for each (2), and no points for a (1).
|21-24||You're a winner. |
|16-20||You'll make it. Tear up your credit cards and phone Graham File. |
|10-15||Tough. You might enjoy being a backmarker, though. |
|0-10||Forget it. Buy a nice new lawnmower instead.|
These pages are maintained by Roger Ford (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Go to the Team MAG Sport Home Page